Inspire. Create. Write. TM
Ever since I stepped into the chaotic world of social media in April, Gourmet Soiree has been so supportive and she always makes time to share out my content. So I'm here to return the favor in appreciation. Join me as we Glimpse into her fun-filled, adventure-driven & talented lifestyle.
Gourmet Soiree is a retired event planner on the quest for authentic people, places & pairings.
Writer & Dead Poets Society member
~"Make your lives extraordinary."~
- Nando Milano Trattoria, Chicago Wicker Park neighborhood
- Coffee with a little non-fat milk; green tea to pep up for a workout.
- “Mastering the Art of French Cooking”, Julia Child
- I know the restaurant life is truly 24/7 so I would strive for more balance. I would love to cater some select upscale events that involve sailing (with a covered boat option in case of inclement weather) and dessert on the lanai in Maui.
7. What’s on your pizza?
- I don’t eat pizza very often as I’m in training for some red carpet events.
- If I do I am a classic Pizzeria Uno gal, Chicago deep dish with sausage and green pepper
- Chef Alessio’s Signature dish: Cavatelli al PISTACCHIO e GAMBERONI
- House made cavatelli with tiger prawns in pistachio cream
- I have eaten some very interesting Hawaiian food that included poi, food from a traditional emu and amazing volcano wine that is so rich from the soil of Kilauea volcano.
- My perfect “desert” is Mojave Desert, near the Joshua Tree ;)
- My perfect dessert is one of the first ones Chef Alessio named after me: “La Linda Diplomatica”. It was so interesting and inviting, and of course an honor to have food named after me.
- It is light and creamy with chocolate and Chantilly crème; a lot like American Boston cream pie, but no crust.
- La torta diplomatica è un fantastico dolce tutto italiano. Questo dessert, molto particolare, si compone di strati di pasta sfoglia croccante e pan di spagna, alternati da una deliziosa crema, chiamata appunto crema diplomatica (o anche crema chantilly all’italiana), che nasce dall’unione di due creme altrettanto buone, ovvero lacrema chantilly e la crema pasticcera.
13. You can invite anyone over for dinner, who would it be?
- Marilyn Monroe, Arthur Miller and Alfonzo Words
- I have been invited to a wonderful Christmas Even Italian dinner tradition with 10 courses, shared family style and paired with wine and toasts to the new year. The portions were sharable but not massive, so I never felt too full or forced to eat too much. (love that mélange!) I’m American, but it’s been a great joy to be invited to this tradition for the last 2 years. I will never forget it and I do feel that it set up an amazing year!
- I don’t like crab and prefer not to eat it as a Cancer.
Juice or Fizzy Drinks
Fresh squeezed juice, especially guava.
Popcorn or Chips