Wednesday 7 December 2016

Reese Witherspoon: 5 Lessons You Taught Me


Aloha!

Half way through the week & it's #WednesdayWisdom
You know that means, right? Today I take someone influential and share just 5 Epic Life Lessons they have to offer us. And few are more influential than Mademoiselle Reese Witherspoon.
She's Walked the Line, Stayed Wild & Legally enchanted the hearts of millions of people all around the world with her Tennessee charm, big heart and radiant smile. Forgot Not we shall her acting & singing talents. #Madskills

Laura Jeanne Reese Witherspoon  (/ˈriːs ˈwɪðərspuːn/; born March 22, 1976) is an American actress and producer. Born in New Orleans, Louisiana and raised in Tennessee, Witherspoon began her career as a child actress. Witherspoon's breakthrough role was playing Elle Woods in the 2001 film Legally Blonde, for which she received international recognition.

In 2005, Witherspoon received worldwide attention for her portrayal of June Carter in Walk the Line, which earned her the Academy Award, Golden Globe Award, BAFTA Award, Screen Actors Guild Award, and the Critics Choice Award for Best Actress.

Mademoiselle Witherspoon is voicing the character Rosita in the 2016 animated feature film, SING. She plays a domestic pig, who gave up her teenage music dreams to become a devoted wife of Norman, & mother to 25 piglets.



5 Lessons Reese Witherspoon Taught Me


5. Reading is Sexy
{#Bookconcierge NPR 2016 Best Books List}
Get shopping🙃

"I get crazy in a bookstore. It makes my heart beat hard because I want to buy everything."~ Reese Witherspoon

She's been featured on multiple accounts as one of the sexiest women on the planet.
So iptofacto if she is so in Love with reading then prestofineto Reading is Sexy!

Books are mankind's greatest invention in all of history. Nothing can heal, soothe, fix, mend, repair, reap, elate, encourage, tickle, beat, become, teach, impress, transport, catch & awaken you the way a book can. It is our supreme honor and responsibility that we ensure Books & reading continue through future generations.

She is an avid reader and has a film production company dedicated to bringing best selling books to screen: Pacific Standard Film: READ Article Here 
She recently produced the critically acclaimed Gone Girl and I'm sure we all remember how gripping that movie was. Brrrrrr{goosebumps}~ the chills.


4. Women Crush 
Wednesday
{I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours😊}

"Many people worry so much about managing their careers, but rarely spend half that much energy managing their lives. I want to make my life, not just my job, the best it can be. The rest will work itself out."~ Reese Witherspoon

“For women in this business, ascendancy is always a battle. It’s scrape and claw. I just try to stick to my guns and respect myself. I want to take the ingenues aside and say, ‘value yourself’! It’s okay if you have opinions!”~ Reese Witherspoon

Life is what happens when you forget to LIVE. Don't use your ambition, your career, your goals as an excuse for not experiencing all that life has to offer you. There is true beauty, true passion & true magic out there. You need only take the time to discover it.




3. Selfie Selflessly Self-Love
{Try sayin' that 5 times fast}

"There's no bad consequence to loving fully, with all your heart. You always gain by giving love."~ Reese Witherspoon

How often are we told, "don't wear your heart on your sleeve."
How often are we cautioned against falling in love, too hard and too fast.
Many people say money is what makes the world go round, but I believe it is Love. Love is in everything worth having. Your dream partner, your dream house, your dream career, even your dream weight...can only be achieved through genuine Love in all it's forms and shapes.

Almost Every blockbuster movie or bestselling book has a Love story.
Better to have Love & Lost than to have never loved at all. No other emotion, no other experience can trump what you feel when you feel Real, honest to goody-goodness Love.
LOVE is ALL.


2. Ridiculous Work Ethic
{Don't reach for the stars if ya ain't willin' to build the rocket ship}

“I like work. If it’s not hard enough, I try to make it harder. I like the process of being daunted by it, tackling it and knowing I can do it.”~ Reese Witherspoon

Now that we've covered the essentials of Readin', Livin' & Lovin'.
We get down to what galvanizes them all together and allows you to rise above all else. To conquer, to achieve.
Ridiculous work ethic.
Ridiculous.

Will Smith, who portrays Muhammad in the 2001 film titled Ali had this to say on the matter:

"I've never viewed myself as particularly talented. I've viewed myself as…slightly above average in talent. Where I excel is with a ridiculous, sickening work ethic. While the other guy's sleeping, I'm working. While the other guy's eating, I'm working. While the other guy's making love, I mean, I'm making love, too, but I'm working really hard at it!"

“I’m Not afraid to die on a treadmill. I will not be outworked. Period. You might have more talent than me. You might be smarter than me. And you may be sexier than me. But if we get on a treadmill together there’s two things that’ll happen. You are going to get off first or I’m going to die. It’s really that simple. I’m not going to be outworked.”

Personal Experience: Put in that effort, your actions become habit and once they do ain't nothing gonna stop ya.


1. Stay WILD
{Feel the motion of the Ocean. Action creates reaction}


“Doing begets more doing. It sounds simple, but I’m a firm believer that action can solve so many worries, and just powering through, no matter what, can give you the confidence you need when you feel like you’ve got nothing to offer.”~ Reese Witherspoon

We live in a world where it is just One complaint after another. There's no end to the stream of people who are constantly complaining about their lives, the world around them and the other people in it. All they want is for you to listen to them, interact with them and become just another negative nelly.
Who would you rather listen to? 
The person who wants everything but does nothing to achieve it OR The person who has everything and was wiling to do anything to achieve it???

The only way through is... Through!
As Han says in Fast & The Furious: Tokyo Drift. There's no hard or fast way of learning how to Drift. You learn by doing it. 
And in the infamous words of Nike
JUST DO IT!


*************
My All-Star mentor and friend Akasha Garnier was the one who intro'd me to Reese's inspirational & influential side. And when your mentor is inspired by someone you make sure you pay attention to who that could be.
Akasha's book Secrets to Shine Through the Noise references Reese's influence and quotes. It's a MUST READ self-improvement book. Glowing reviews can be found throughout this blog.

Reese recently ran a twitter campaign with the Hashtag  in honor of her movie WILD. Akasha joined in the fun and here was Reese's response:
Author/screenwriter Akasha Garnier mentions: 
"Reese Witherspoon has a stellar sense of shine on several levels: I appreciate that she shows her strength, beauty and Southern charm as she inspires women and girls of all ages. She is book smart and willing to act on it!"

Her newest venture "Hello Sunshine" will launch in 2017 with ATT Direct TV.
READ Article Here
"As we continue the journey of creating engaging entertainment for and about women at Hello Sunshine, it's exciting to have a partner in AT&T who shares that commitment with us. We can't wait to bring the Hello Sunshine channel to life with DIRECTV and DIRECTV NOW customers in 2017," said Witherspoon.

*********************
In other news~
🌟💙 Thank YOU, Arigato & Gracias!

Reached +1 Million Impressions in 28 days! 3 months in a row! 
Reciprocation is Key
 



© Enricoh Alfonzo ~ Alfonzo Words
  • I’d love to keep connected with you! 
Follow on Twitter | Like on Facebook Join my Instagram community | Watch me on Pinterest | Subscribe to blog post Updates |

~Be Kind to One Another~ Ellen Degeneres

64 comments:

  1. I love her! She's one of the few that haven't gone down hill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reese is such a great inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so fantastic! I've always liked her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is beautiful and talented. It gives me goosebumps how good she is and she should be an inspiration to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love her, and this post is a reflection of her amazing personality. Fantastic!

    Adriana Gil
    https://makemereadmoreofthis.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you! That many page views is actually a dream for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always liked her, but now I really like her! And, I agree - reading is sexy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. She was an isnpiration to our kids and I hope someone like her would continue to encourage us and tell us the importance of reading, hardwork , respect and clean living.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like her too. She is a good role model.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant post!! I had no idea she was thus inspirational and what amazing advice. This is something else. I have found newfound respect for her as a person. It's always great to see the person past the actor/actress

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ive always loved to read and do not understand why some people find it "nerdy". I agree...its sexy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love to read and a man that loves to read is sexy to me too. I have always been a fan of Reese Witherspoon.

      Delete
  12. I am so glad that you got some inspiration from this lady! We all need this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness I love Reese Witherspoon! Every single role. I'm so happy you feel the same :)

    xoxo
    Tyler

    http://www.feeltheesunlight.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Reese Witherspoon is one of my favourite actresses! funny and intelligent and classy (that MTV Generation award speech!!) she always picks such varied acting roles and nails every part she plays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha...love this post..she seriously is an inspiration..and her daughter looks like her TWIN. CRAZY!! lol ok

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice post! You looks so gorgeous and your daugther you two looks so beautiful. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. She's an amazing actress and I like her as a person as well. These lessons are very inspiring, and it shows what kind of woman she is. I hope there are many others like her.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's really inspiring for us! You so amazing actress and talented! You are good examples for my daugther!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this blog. Light and real

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love Reese! I had no idea her real name was Laura! Reese suits her much better :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love Reese. She is one of my favorite actresses! It's always great to see the person past the actor/actress. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Isn't she awesome? I love her acting! These are all lovely lessons and it's definitely going to help bring your confidence up!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I was unaware of the fact that Reese Witherspoon has done production work. Perhaps because I have yet to see "Gone Girl." How neat that she has a production company dedicated to bringing books to the screen! LOVE that!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Reese is one of the best and talented actress.I like her so much. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, didn’t know her empowering side! Love her quotes and motivational spirit! Life is a battle, so stay wild, positive and confident in what you can do now! Just do it (Nike)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this! I was going to pick a favorite but they're all great.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've always loved her! She has always stood out to me as someone who has a beautiful soul.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great post as always. I love Reese Witherspoon. She's a great role model for all.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I've seen her in a few movies and liked them all. I think Sweet Home Alabama is my fave. :) I didn't know her first name was Laura. Learn something new every day.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love Reese! She is a great actress but she is also a great role model for girls everywhere! I love watching all her movies!

    ReplyDelete
  32. So inspirational post, I love motivation and inspirational things.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I have always loved Reese Witherspoon! She is a very impressive and caring person.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love Reese too! She was great in Walk the Line as June Carter. I always look for her films. I do need to watch Wild, as I read the book! (Good book). Have you ever met her before?

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love her it's one of my favorite actresses

    ReplyDelete
  36. I recently re-watched Legally Blonde. I love Reese Witherspoon! Also I had no idea that her first name is actually Laura!

    Nina
    aworldofdresses.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thank you for sharing this post, I've always like Reece, I have learnt some new information from this post.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I really like the way you did this post, showing all of the different quotes. I have always liked Reese as an actress (since her 'Cruel Intention' days), and hadn't stopped to think about how inspirational she is. I loved her in 'Election' as well.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love how you pulled lessons out of this. You made some really good points. I learned a few things just from reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love Reese Witherspoon so much, she is so beautiful and a talented actress for sure. It is great to know more about her and she is definitely a good role model & inspiration for many!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh I love her. I have watched legally blonde innumerable times. Being an avid reader myself I feel so glad that she gives so much importance to books. Love selflessly is something which is such a powerful trait to have

    ReplyDelete
  42. I absolutely love Reese Witherspoon. She is such a strong inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  43. reese is one of my fav actors. she is and has always been totally awesome to me. fav movies. legally blonde and sweet home alabama

    ReplyDelete
  44. I'm definitely adding her to my favourite women list. She is so inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  45. She is definitely one of my favorite celebrities. She seems to be caring and kind and have a good ethic code

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love Reese she is one of my favorite actress. She is so empowering. x

    ReplyDelete
  47. Your post makes a nice read! I loved her 'Legally Blonde series'!

    ReplyDelete
  48. She's so beautiful inside and out. One of my all time favourite actresses

    ReplyDelete
  49. Very well done! Awesome mix of elements. Aloha back. ����

    ReplyDelete
  50. Perfect timing, @AlfonzoWords! Love reading this again in honor of #WednesdayWisdom and #winewednesday birthday toast to Ms Reese Witherspoon! Salute, all!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Reese Witherspoon is one of my favorites. I especially loved her in Wild, and really like the quote about encouraging women to step up. She's such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete