Before I begin this post I want to share an amazing story & lesson I recently read on one of my favorite blogs>> The Positive Mom by Elayna Fernandez
I love reading her posts, it's always filled with such brilliant quality content.
– “Dad, look the trees are going behind us!”
A young couple sitting nearby, looked at the young man’s childish behavior with pity.
Suddenly, he again exclaimed:
– “Dad, look! The clouds are running with us!”
The couple couldn’t resist and said to the old man:
-“Why don’t you take your son to a good doctor?”
The old man smiled and said:
-“I did. We are just coming from the hospital. My son was blind from birth, he just got his eyes today!
“Every single person on the planet has a story. Don’t judge people before you truly know them. The truth might surprise you.”
Oprah Winfrey - 5 Lessons You Taught Me
5. “Turn your wounds into wisdom.”
Turn your mess into a message. Don’t let your pain be in vain. Do something positive with it!
4. "The thing you fear most has no power. Your fear of it is what has the power. Facing the truth really will set you free."
Letting go of fear is probably one of the most challenging things to do and it is a daily battle, not a once off sprint. But once you do, the feeling is unimaginable. You become unshackled to go out and achieve.
3. “Books were my pass to personal freedom. I learned to read at age three, and there discovered was a whole world to conquer that went beyond our farm in Mississippi.”
This is such a brilliant lesson and definitely one of my favorite quotes by her. Books are absolutely the greatest thing man has ever invented in my opinion. They have power like no other. To reach worlds and cultures you never thought possible.
2. “Surround yourself only with people that are going to take you higher.”
It was only until last year that this lesson ever entered my mind. I began to value the people in my life that were as motivated or more motivated than I. They are the ones that support your journey, selflessly and passionately. They lift others up.
1. “I’ve come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that’s as unique as a fingerprint – and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you. ”
Such a profound and meaningful lesson, how could I not share it?
A lesson, that if we truly let it, could change SO much for us.
Embrace your uniqueness. You are different, your gift is special – own it and unapologetically share it with the world.
Oprah and her talk show has taught me so much over the many years of viewing that it's beyond tough to pick just five lessons. Quite possibly soon, I might have to do a top ten on the shows that changed my perspective on life. She's had such incredible and larger than life guests on her show, guests who've the touched the heart of the world many times over.
These are the 5 lessons I've found most applicable in the sense of self-improvement & wisdom.
Here's some fun :-) I just had to include this. It's ICONIC, no?
~Be Kind to One Another~ Ellen Degeneres