Wednesday 21 September 2016

Malala Yousafzai - 5 Lessons You Taught Me


Aloha!

Half way through the week & it's #WednesdayWisdom

Happy International Women's Day!

On this day of days, I get to feature an unbelievably powerful soul amidst the chaos that is the World. One of the most influential and bravest women this world has ever known.

Malala Yousafzai S.St (Malālah Yūsafzay: Urdu: ملالہ یوسفزئی‎; Pashto: ملاله یوسفزۍ‎ [məˈlaːlə jusəf ˈzəj]; born 12 July 1997) is a Pakistani activist for female education and the youngest-ever Nobel Prize laureate.

Ever since I heard of Malala, I have been a massive fan & supporter of what she stands for. She's inspired so many all around the world & not just girls but more importantly; I have mad respect for the fact that she is advocating for reading & books. I remember the interview on Oprah where she said she was on the bus & when the terrorist asked for Malala, she got up without hesitation. Such bravery, such fortitude, such impossible courage. Through it all she survived & like a Phoenix, rose from the ashes, more powerful & iridescent than ever before.

5. Gender Equality

“Extremists have shown what frightens them most: A girl with a Book.”
There are so many places in this world where women are not treated equally. Sometimes it's the actual law and worse still, sometimes it's the unwritten rules. This frustrates me to no end. One of my favorite presidents of all time, Nelson Mandela believed in a "Rainbow Nation", where all are equal.
As a man you should vow to never oppress not only woman, but anyone you come accross.
As a woman you should vow to never Be oppressed, no matter the circumstance.

4. F.E.A.R – False Evidence Appearing Real

“I am Stronger than Fear.”
"I said to myself, Malala, you must be Brave. You must not be afraid of anyone.You are only trying to get an education. You are not committing a Crime."

Let weakness, fear & hopelessness die. From the ashes let strength, power & courage be born.








3. ParentHood

“People ask me, what special is in my mentorship which has made Malala so bold and so courageous and so vocal and poised? I tell them, don't ask me what I did. Ask me what I did not do. I did not clip her wings, and that's all.” ~ ‎Ziauddin Yousafzai, Father of Malala

Probably the most important lesson for everyone on this planet. It has never been your duty on this earth to clip anyone's wings.

No matter the dream, no matter the goal, no matter the crazy sounding idea.

When a friend, family member, or even a stranger comes to you with their ambition - Ask yourself, is it absolutely, positively Your Duty to dissuade,discourage or otherwise push them from it?

For all parents, I implore you from the bottom of my soul with true evidence of the power of a child. Be there, to support, encourage & most of all, never doubt. For children are the true innovators & world changers. Just imagine what this world would be had Malala's father been part of those who treat women as unequal? Would those empowered girls, encouraged to read books around the world now, even exist?

2. Dreams Are Our Future

"Let us make our future now, and let us make our tomorrow's reality." --From a speech at Harvard in September 2013.

Dream BIG & Never give up Until you achieve it!


1. The Principle of One

“One child, one teacher, one book, one pen can change the world.”

If we want to achieve our goal, the let us empower ourselves with the weapon of Knowledge and let us shield ourselves with Unity & Togetherness.
Let us wage a glorious struggle against illiteracy, poverty & terrorism. Let us pick up our books, and our pens, they are our Most powerful weapons.



© Enricoh Alfonzo ~ Alfonzo Words
  • I’d love to keep connected with you! 
Follow on Twitter | Like on Facebook Join my Instagram community | Watch me on Pinterest | Subscribe to blog post Updates |

~Be Kind to One Another~ Ellen Degeneres

23 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really valuable lessons that can be helful in our daily life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She sounds like a wise young lady. There is lots to be learned from someone like her :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing feature. This is truly inspiring and hopefully will reach alot of people

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inspiring young lady! To work to overcome such adversity and share the motivation with the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She should be an amazing person! This post about her is so inspiring! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw the Malala movie with a bunch of nomads. Her's story is a true inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This girls has inspired many people! I love her drive and her determination to change how the world sees education for women.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that saying I am stronger than fear! Its very powerful. She has encouraged a lot that is for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I only realized the other day that we have an International Day of Peace. I wish every day was a day of peace. I can't imagine living in a country where women are not treated as equals.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really an inspiring story and She is a great person.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love what Malala's father said, "I didn't clip her wings." Smart man! This is such an inspiring story for women everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I especially love the remark about not clipping their wings. We are there to support them indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am not familiar with international day of peace. Sounds like she taught us so many lessons, I like this woman.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like her principles. What a nice share, these lessons really touch my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I watched this when it first came out!!! Such an inspiring story that's for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. She is one very inspiring young woman. The strength she has in unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very empowering for women around the world! I agree, knowledge is the greatest weapon against illiteracy, poverty and terrorism.

    ReplyDelete
  20. She is an amazing young woman. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a courageous young lady. She is an inspiration and role model for other young ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such an inspiring story and I truly admire her for being so brave and courageous.

    Mhaan | www.mommyrockininstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow this is such an amazing post - LOVE love it! I especially like the parenthood quote.

    ReplyDelete