Happy Monday Motivation y'all
I can't wait for you to meet our next guest. She's got an amazing spirit & a brilliant mind but more importantly she's made it her mission in life to help others. How awesome is that?
Savannah Shea Blake is a Mindset and Manifestation Coach, which is a fancy niche of Life Coach. She works with ambitious people who know that they have the power to create their own reality. She, herself, is an incredibly ambitious woman who plans to change the world by being a positive influencer and helping one person at a time do the same.
“I believe that if everyone were free to live the life they want, they would create a better world for all of us to live in.”
You can find all of her content and programs at Vannasana.com where she writes about how to manifest what you wish for and create your ideal life.
Vanna(Savannah) + Asana(a stance you take in yoga that improves balance and strength)
1. What is the best advice you were ever given?
- My grandfather told me one time, “It’s easier to get forgiveness than it is permission.” It allowed me to stop hiding in the shadows, quietly and politely living life as others believed I was suppose to. This advice, in itself, gave me the permission I needed to start living life to it’s fullest and dive into every opportunity and experience that presented itself to me.
This was the quote I used in the yearbook my senior year of high school.
2. Who inspires you and why?
- I’m the type of person that is inspired by fictional characters. No doubt there are some great real life people, but the ones that really make an impact on me personally aren’t real, haha. I have a whole vision board dedicated to those characters who inspire me:
- Lagertha Lothbrok (Vikings) and Teyla Emmagan (Stargate Atlantis) because women can be both great leaders and fierce warriors.
- Felicity Smoak (Arrow) and Dr. Daniel Jackson (Stargate Atlantis) because knowledge and intellect are invaluable and powerful.
- I try to make a point to take away some sort of thought or inspiration from everyone I come into contact with. Everyone has something to teach us and we always have something to learn.
3. Everyone has bad days, how do you deal with a bad day?
- It depends on what type of mood specifically I have found myself in. A shower, a nap or some meditation and yoga may do the trick. Some very loud music of either the dance or rock genre may flip it. A shot of rum may remedy the situation. Yesterday, I was in a dull mood until I remembered fridays mean Ancient Aliens marathons, haha. After a couple of episodes I was in a great mood!
4. Where do you go/what do you do when you need motivation?
5. Failure is a big part of life, what has been your biggest failure to date?
- I don’t believe in failures. Things that seem like “failures” are really only learning experiences and paths to success. Thomas Edison, when asked why he didn’t give up after failing so many times trying to create the lightbulb, said,”I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that don’t work.” Failure is the path to success. It’s all about perspective. Without our past experiences we wouldn’t be who or where we are in life now and in the future.
6. What is your biggest achievement?
- Learning how to love myself for who I am and allow myself to be me without judgement or expectations. This is the key to any success.
- Also, learning to forgive those in my life who have “wronged” me. I have learned to be thankful for them and to accept them as they are without any expectations because they helped shape me into who I am now.
7. Have you conquered any fears?
- I have conquered so many fears! Most of which in the past year or so!
- Fear of driving. This is the biggest one because I totalled 2 vehicles in 3 days when I was 18 and hardly drove at all for the next 6+ish years.
- Fear of speaking on camera. I’ve got a whole youtube channel now! (a work in progress and not hugely impressive YET)
- Fear of speaking to a crowd. (also a work in progress but getting better!)
- Fear of being a failure. Up until about a year ago I felt lost about where I was headed in life.
- I’ve also battled severe anxiety and panic attacks my entire life with both social and nonsocial situations. I’ve almost completely conquered it as well!
8. Music helps lift our mood, What is your go-to song when you need a pick me up?
- Music is a huge part of my life and my taste ranges anywhere from classical to rock to latin dance. It completely depends on my mood and changes periodically. To name a few current loves:
9. Complete the sentence, Happiness is…
- Something you find within yourself. It’s a choice.
10. What do you do to clear your mind?
- Shower, meditate, yoga, sit outside, sing and dance. The best thoughts and ideas come when your mind is free and clear. I always try to make a point to be either working, or clearing my mind.
11. Life can be stressful, what are your top 3 things to unwind?
- Sing and dance
- Sit outside
- Stress is incredibly dangerous and should always be managed. I wrote a whole thing on it.
12. Have you watched any inspiring movies? Do you have any favorites?
- Cloud Atlas. I watched it like 6 times over the course of 2 weeks when I first saw it and then sat around and just thought about it for like 3 months afterwards.
- Idiocracy is a very good eye opener. Also quite hilarious. I recommend everyone watch it.
- I’m a huge Harry Potter fan. I was one of those people at the store at midnight for the release of the books.
13. What is your favorite inspirational quote?
- Nikola Tesla fascinates me. One of his quotes really stuck with me and may have been what led me to who I am today.
"If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.'"
14. Do you listen to motivational speakers?
- Yes. Daily. I’m always listening to some sort of speech or webinar. I’ll put my headphones in and clean the house or do yard work. It might be my hobby.
15. How do you cope with unpleasant people?
- Mostly I just avoid them. In the case of someone I can’t completely avoid, I try to remember that the way they are acting is because of some inner struggle that they are facing and has nothing to do with me. I try my best to come from a heart centered place, as most people just want to be cared about. Their unpleasantness is generally just a defense mechanism but sometimes I just have to put my headphones in and make myself busy.
16. What is your best piece of advice?
- There’s a way to do, be or have anything you want. You just have to want it enough to take the time to figure out how and then be brave enough to implement.
17. Complete the sentence “When life gives you lemons…”
- Experiment with making things with them and turn a profit.
18. What is the most inspiring book you have ever read?
- That’s hard to say. So many books have inspired me in so many ways. Inspiring us is their primary function, I believe.
- The Hunger Games - Inspired me to be self sufficient. (Read the books. The movie’s don’t measure up)
- The Handmaiden’s Tale - Inspired me to look at the world in a different way
- Harry Potter - Inspired me to never give up, no matter what.
19. Do you have a place to pray or meditate?
- Anywhere and everywhere. I guess I find myself doing it more often on my back porch, in the shower or bed and on the yoga mat. Any place is perfectly acceptable though.
20. What is your motto in life?
Do good; all else will follow.
Inspirational Movie or Talk with a friend?
Talk with a friend. Always.
Creating Art or Listening to music?
Listening to music
Making food or Eating Food?
Eating food. I disenjoy cooking.
Being alone or Being in a crowd?
Writing or Singing?
Singing. Though I do enjoy writing as well.
Sea Vacation or Safari Vacation?
Take me to the sea.
Free Ebook: Manifesting Money + Anything Else You’d Like
~Be Kind to One Another~ Ellen Degeneres