Inspire. Create. Write.TM
1. What is the best advice you were ever given?
- No one cares how much you know until they know how much you Care.
2. Who inspires you and why?
- J.K Rowling. Her journey is one of those epic, unbelievably intense battles against adversity. Rock bottom became the foundation for which she rebuilt her life. Nothing inspires me more both as an author and a person.
3. Everyone has bad days, how do you deal with a bad day?
- I feel it all! Let everything in, embrace the darkness & shout into the void. Yes, there is comfort within even the darkest parts of you. Once you cuddle up to that beast, nothing can keep you locked away ever again.
4. Where do you go/what do you do when you need motivation?
- Hmm I'm a huge fan of personal development so when I need it, I have an arsenal of kick-ass, power-up videos & audios that I go through. That & I love chilling-out on my roof, watching the stars expand out in the night sky.
5. Failure is a big part of life, what has been your biggest failure to date?
- Haha if only you knew, as crazy as I am, I've failed more often than most. Last November I lost everything and I mean everything. Literally nothing to my name and a debt total that would astound most conservative people. To top it all my cat, Loki passed away in the worst way. For all intents & purposes, I was in ruin.
6. What is your biggest achievement?
- After years of agonizing torture and heartache, I finally admitted that I am a writer. Wrote my first novel at eighty-four thousand words (think a little over the first Harry Potter book length) in fourteen days. It is the first thing I have ever accomplished completely on my own. Had I not failed, I might not be where I am today.
7. Have you conquered any fears?
- Hell Yeah! I'm a bulldozer when it comes to fears. Fear of public speaking, fear of body image, fear of confrontation, fear of sharing my writing. The only way through. ..Is through! Once you do it, it's not so scary no more and helping other people see this has been a blessing.
8. Music helps lift our mood, What is your go-to song when you need a pick me up?
- Linkin Park-Given Up. It's just the rawness of the song, his voice, and the rhythm…takes me over the edge.
9. Complete the sentence, Happiness is…
- When you learn that helping others achieve it is a most worthy, a pursuit.
10. What do you do to clear your mind?
- Hahaha why would I ever want that? The mind is an intricate network of neurons and within their chaos is the beauty of creativity. I could never ask for a better gift.
11. Life can be stressful what are your top 3 things to unwind?
- Books, with them I can escape anywhere I want. The past, present, future. Magical societies, other dimensions, whole new worlds of wonder and possibility.
- TV series, whistle* if anything Did, in fact, mellow my brain waves, this would be it. I binge like a bear before hibernation.
- Video games, bring on the RPG's!
12. Have you watched any inspiring movies? Do you have any favorites?
- The Pursuit of Happyness
- A Fault in our Stars
13. What is your favorite inspirational quote?
14. Do you listen to motivational speakers?
- Yuppity yup! I've had the privilege of meeting some of the greatest personal development legends from all over this planet. It's been a life-changing experience, to say the least.
15. How do you cope with unpleasant people?
- I apply this. "Some will, some won't. So what?...Next!"
- I love meeting new people, the ones ready for change. Those are who stay with me. The others fall away without prejudice on my part. I just ain't got time for it.
- Dream Big, especially when all the world tells you not to.
17. Complete the sentence “When life gives you lemons…”
- Build a lemon ladder to the heavens :-D
18. What is the most inspiring book you have ever read?
- The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson.
19. Do you have a place to pray or meditate?
- If by that you mean, the place by which I say my affirmations. Then Yeah, my bed, in the morning before my feet touch the ground.
20. What is your motto in life?
- Words are Immortal.
Creating Art or
Listening to music
Being alone or Being in a crowd:
Being alone in a crowd? :-p
Writing or Singing:
Haha I'm sure Cassy would choose singing here.
Sea Vacation or Safari Vacation:
We live in Africa. All we see are animals on land.
I want something different. So Sea Vacation.
This was mad-crazy fun to do & reading the answers of others is even more entertaining.
I urge everyone to join in on the Inspire Tag.
If you would like to join The Blog Tag awesomeness, click on the link or the image below:
~Be Kind to One Another~ Ellen Degeneres