Inspire. Create. Write.TM
Most liked Quote this week:
"Too often do we settle for less when More becomes exceedingly unavailable.
Believe in More."
Through many clicks, searches and referrals, I happened upon a captivating Facebook group called The Blog Tag. The community is warm and refreshingly humble. While combing through their archives, I have found many amazing blogs with content that I cannot wait to devour.
Today's Tag is Literature.
If you're interested in taking part in The Blog Tag, either follow the link or click on the image below which will take you to the Facebook group. Breaking News* A new website is also in production!
1. What is your all-time favourite book?
- Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix. J.K Rowling is the greatest Author I’ve ever read.
- My inner devil-may-cry voice will tell you it's my own (Coming soon) Debut Novel, The Cured: Rebirth. But I'm trying to be humble here, key word is trying.... Seriously give me any Harry Potter book. They are literary legends.
2. According to you, which Quote best describes you as a person?
- Quis Custodiet ipsos Custodes? ~~ Who will guard the guardians?
3. What is your favourite English word, and why?
- Antidisestablishmentarianism. And nope not trying to sound Fancy*fied.
- It’s my favourite because it comes from a book series I’m addicted to.
- It’s called Lover Eternal By J.R Ward. In it, the male MC (main character) is temporarily blinded when he meets the female MC. With nothing but his sense of touch, smell & hearing, here is how he experiences her:
Rhage growled low in his throat and dropped his head down so his ear was next to her mouth. He wanted to give her another word to say, something like luscious or whisper or strawberry.
Hell, antidisestablishmentarianism would do it.
4. What is your favourite word in your home language, and what does it mean?
- Haha, my home language is English. But I love the Spanish word Bambina, which roughly translates to a beautiful girl walking down the street.
5. Being a blogger, what is the most difficult part about writing for you?
- I love writing, once I start, it just flows. I can’t explain it, I have yet to discover a “hard” part about writing anything. Gimme any topic and I will write it, such is my passion about the process. I am still a neophyte when it comes to blogging, though. There’s always something new to learn or adapt to. So I would say the most difficult part is not in the writing but in everything else within the blogosphere. Like promoting (without “Click-baiting” people), niches (I rebel against labels naturally & don’t want to be tied to one thing. Some even have multiple blogs with different niches, yikes. The admin sounds excruciating).
- In truth, I’m a follow you first type of guy. If you have an awesome blog, chances are I’m already elbows deep in your archive devouring every syllable you type. Some people have their own gravitational field, naturally pulling all towards them at an unconscious pace. It’s my dream to grow into a writer of worth.
6. What inspires you to write the most?
- I hear writers hate hearing this question & “what inspired that story/novel/blog?”
- The answer will always be Everything & Anything. As writers, we get thoughts or ideas constantly and it’s up to us to either shelf them or power through and discover the magic within it.
- But I suppose there is a difference between “what inspires you?” & “What inspired that?”
- So what inspires me, hmm. Fun. The pure undiluted joy I feel when I write is what inspires me.
See the legit logic to that is: Waiting for inspiration is like waiting for a Letter from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry… Through action, do you find true inspiration.
7. What is your favourite song?
- Given up By Linkin Park. It gets me motivated like no other. And that Scream at the end, over a minute long! I can’t Not love it.
8. What image/experience/memory do you instantly think of when hearing your favourite song?
- A montage of images detailing my journey thus far in life. Expressed in the many crescendos and torpedoes of moments I’ve experienced. It reaches its pinnacle with that Scream at the end. Where I’m standing upon a precipice, the winds of change blowing through me. Ready to fling myself into the unknown with every ounce of courage I possess. Pushing my soul to its breaking point, in order to achieve my dreams.
9. In how many languages can you write?
- (Face Palm) One, at the moment… (Smiles cheekily), however as a writer, the answer could potentially be infinite. I’ll just create as many New languages as I need.
10. If you had to MAKE UP/INVENT one word, what would it be? And what would that word mean?
- Eloendant – being indefinitely indebted to someone. “In saving his life, Marcelus was eloendant to the Count Du Marke.”
11. Make a sentence containing the following words: Three, Birds, Sauce, Hug and Gay (As in happy)
- In the Mexican Valley of Souls, three birds sang, melodically gay in their love for the infamous Hug-day parade of one thousand and one sauces.
Note* So I added an S to Sauce. Hope that still counts.
12. Assign your own meaning to the following made-up words:
- Bugalhet – In my slang I would assign this to the term, bugger-all. Meaning something like “I have bugger-all to do today.”
- Wiftigious- fleeting or ephemeral… “That Simon, he has such a wiftigious personality, oh boy. Somebody find him for me.”
- Doraning – the act of crafting a special metal found only inches from the Earth’s very core.
13. What word rhymes best with Sugar?
14. Sum up your experience of The Blog Tag in one rhyming sentence.
- It was not the summit that congealed the suffering to enjoyment and wonder,
But the under-looked journey, in all its extreme sweat droplets.
Note* so it doesn’t traditionally rhyme but it is from a poem I wrote about my writing experience that was published online.
15. Quick Fire
Poems or Quotes
- Poems, they are the unsung dark-horse heroes of the literary world.
Rock or Pop
- Rock! It quietens my mind, yet awakens my senses. It provokes my sheer tenacity yet lulls me to slumber.
Handwriting or Typing
- Typing. It’s faster and less messy. Although I do admire its vintage appeal.
Biography or Novel
- Novel. I love anything fictional. NonFiction has never done it for me.
Black pen or Blue pen
- Black pen
Reading alone or for Other People
- If by “For other people”, you mean flowing with public opinion and reading what the masses are all about.
- And by “reading alone”, you mean finding solace in a book you discovered but not many people you know are talking about.
I would say my answer is equally divided. I would have never experienced the unbelievably magical world of Harry Potter if I solely read alone, ignoring public trends. Yet, alone I have found such deeply amazing books that I continue to read over and over, just for me.
What Epic fun this was to do,
If you're going to rock out with us on this, Awesome Sauce.
I would just like to take this time to Honor, the remarkable Cassarica Nadas & Sumarie Steenkamp, for being the admins that they are on The Blog Tag group. Thanks for the warm welcome ya'll :-)
Happy Friday Dance yo!
~"Be kind to one another."~ Ellen DeGeneres